Wednesday, August 5, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things!

We could have spent hours and hours just looking at all the memorabilia inside the Vulcan tourism Centre. They had things that I didn't know existed! Like a cereal box with the Enterprise and her crew pictured on the front. Phasers that cost the earth and very reasonably priced cute plastic Vulcan ears one could purchase. There were Federation, Starfleet and Vulcan Idic pins. Even a deck of cards with the original series major characters' faces.

There were water bottles, coffee cups, T-shirts, jackets, hoodies. Replicas of the Enterprise. Most intriguing was the chocolate Klingon Bird of Prey. I really wanted that, but I knew it would melt before I got it home.
This is Spock's beloved I-Chaya, a Vulcan Sehlat, who was quite old and had once belonged to Spock's father, Sarek. I-Chaya was killed when it followed Spock and they were attacked by a fierce beast. I-Chaya saved Spock's life and thus inspired him to live the Vulcan Way (remember that Spock was conflicted by his half Vulcan-half Human nature). This particular representation of I-Chaya is encased glass.

Now this is my all time favorite piece of memorabilia housed at the Vulcan tourism Centre. Click on the photo for a full size version as Spock's ears perk up after he's had a drink of Heineken! I so wanted a copy of that, but alas, it was a one of a kind.

Next time, we see the giant Enterprise, the welcome plaques on it's base and the really fun walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment